DIVERTIMENTO GROUP PRIVATE/GROUP TOURS
MOBILE PHONE: +39 347 779 9926
Andrea D’Alpaos is a real “pro” charming and knowledgeable. Also bi-lingual (English-Italian). He has provided guided tours to many celebrities, among them: Mick Jagger, Uma Thurman, Ozzy and Sharon Osborne, Ben Stiller, J.J. Abraham, Sting, Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt.
Andrea balances perfectly two passions that he has kept strong throughout his life: music and art history. He received his undergraduate degree in Art & Literature from Università degli Studi di Venezia and graduated with honors. He had studied music in high school and he has continued to pursue this passion, especially when it comes to gospel music– a musical genre in which he has gained recognition in Italy and throughout Europe. Some of his accomplishments include:
- Since 1998, founder and Director of Chorus, Joy Singers, with whom he travels extensively.
- In 2002 he was assistant-interpreter at the first International Gospel Conference in Italy (Castelbrando).
- 2007 - 2009 Director of Venice Gospel Festival.
- Musical Awards: best arrangement at Italian Choral Festival (edition 2012)
- International collaboration with choruses throughout the world: By Grace ( Sweden ) London Community Gospel Choir, Woodgreen Gospel Choir, New Revelation (U.K. ) Nottingham University ( U.K. ); and Trinity School of New York.
- He has published 2 CDs of instrumental music: “Winter Tales” and “Pensieri sparsi”; 6CDs with the Joy Singers ( his most recent LOVE SONGS to be released on Valentine’s day, 2018.
Andrea was able to combine his love for art and art history with his love for sharing his special area of the world with visitor. He passed the rigorous exam for obtaining the Italian Tour Guide certificate (for French and English). Upon receiving this certification, he began creating fantastically unique, personalized itineraries. He loves thinking of out-of-the-ordinary ways to proudly share his profound knowledge of Italian art and culture as well as the secrets of his unique city and the special territory that surrounds it. He also teaches Art History and Music History which he finds immensely gratifying.
His areas of specialization are:
- Venice – off-the-beaten track – lesser-known areas (not main tourist attractions)
- Venice Lagoon and Island Tours
- Murano – Glass Art & Culture
- Tours with Musical Themes
- Venice Tours about the “Days of Casanova”